We’d like 2 references please: (no parents, they have to say nice things; they are your parents!) We do check references, so please ask permission and let the people you list below know that we will be calling.
Please read through Our Requirements:
• Our Crew members must be friendly, courteous, and conversational with our customers. Professionalism and respect are expected at all times.
• We strive for a team environment amongst our Crew. Please treat your fellow Crew members with the same respect that you deserve in return. All Crew members share the work load and the job assignments.
• Flexibility is a must. This is a business that changes with the weather as well as the time of year. We do our best to respect your time but this is New England and on occasion the weather might force us to close early and cancel your shift.
• Commitment to your assigned schedule is mandatory. If you are scheduled to work and for some reason you are unable to meet that responsibility, then it is required that you contact your fellow Crew members well in advance to find a substitute. Once you have found someone to fill your shift, you must notify the manager of the schedule change. Failure to show up for your shift, without an appropriate reason, is grounds for immediate dismissal from your position on our Crew.
• A strong work ethic is a must. Scooping ice cream sounds like a fun summer job and we hope that you will find it to be just that, but it is also hard work. Standing on your feet for 5 hours, smiling at every single person who walks through the door and answering the very same questions over and over again (“What is in Rip Tide?”) is demanding work. Your scooping arm will ache. You will get sticky. At the end of each shift your t-shirt will be covered in its share of ice cream stains and will need to be washed before you return for your next shift.
• Your responsibilities will include not only scooping ice cream but also washing lots and lots of dishes, sweeping and mopping floors, restocking supplies, carrying heavy buckets up and down a flight of stairs, washing tables, emptying trash barrels, and jumping in to help whenever and however is needed in the day to day operations of the ice cream business. We are a team and we all do every job as needed.
• When you are hired, you will be given 2 Harbor Creamery Crew t-shirts. It is expected that you wear it every time you work.
• There is a dress code. Scoopers must wear a Harbor Creamery t-shirt. All clothing must be clean when you arrive for your shift.
• A sense of humor is required. Please bring it with you each time you work a shift.
Above all, we hire Crew members who are friendly and outgoing, who are willing to learn as well as follow direction and who take initiative and lead by example.